inTank Media Baskets

Schooling Fish

mboze45

I have a 7G cylinder Nano reef tank.  A tower of rocks are stacked in the center leaving a 2" space around the outside perimeter of the entire tank for fish to swim. I want to put in a school of 3-5 fish that are hardy and stay about an inch or smaller in size. I've thought about putting green cromises or chalk bass in this tank.  What do you think about these choices? Are there any suggestions? Thanks for your time.

i dont think 7 gallon is enough space for a school of fish. at most i would put two fish in this tank. if youwant a school of fish do at least a 15 gallon. but the chromis would be cool if it would work.

Ditto.  No way this is enough room for 3-5 fish.  A general rule of thumb for saltwater is 7 gallons of water for every one inch of fish.  This is admitedly somewhat conservative but overcrowding only leads to problems.  For freshwater it's more like 1" of fish for every gallon.  If you wanted to turn your 7g freshwater, you could get a small school of neon tetras.

Good luck,

Carinya

The tank is way too small for 3-5 fish.. i think 2 will be fine though...i have 2 clowns in my 7 and they were doing fine..but the GREEN CHROMES...I LOVE THEM..i just got 6 in my 40 last night and they really school together!  and they look awsome under the power compact lights.  T_T..crying...just spend $250 on a 36" CP for my 40...sigh...oh well...

I will post new pictures on my 40 tonight....i just got the tank all set up! and i was staring at it for hours last night...

Archived