Cultivated Reef

stuff to trade in Los Angeles

Von digity

Von digity

I have a few things I need to get rid of that have been collecting dust.

Used (2 month) 20L. It has the black silicon.

Used (4 months) 250 watt metal halide magnetic ballast. Has it's own ballast enclosure and wiring. This ballast hummmmms, but it wasn't too bad.

Also, if anyone is interested, a used 60 gal (back and 1 side painted blue). And an old 55 gal, this thing has some thick ass glass and needs cleaning. Deperate to get rid of these, make me an offer.

I'm open to trading stuff for soft corals.

Von digity

It's just a ballast. There is no light/fixture involved. The ballast is enclosed in it's own fixture that sits on the floor.

How does 30 bucks sound?

SO YOU ARE SAYING THAT I WILL HAVE TO BUY A LIGHT AND HOLDER FOR IT. ALSO WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED, I WILL BE IN CALABASAS ON WED.:)

Von digity

Yeah, you'd have to buy a 250 watt bulb (i'll throw in a used on if you like, not sure how much life it has left), and either buy or build your own canopy. I think I found a place online that sells bare MH canopies (pendant style) made out of aluminum for like 40 bucks or so. I 4got where the hell I saw it though.

Von digity

I assume you want the 20L? Well, how does $50 sound, tank and ballast, I'll even through in a mogul socket and the very used 10,000k bulb, that still has maybe a few weeks of life in it left?

I live in West LA. Near where the 405 and the 10 intersect.

You can PM me if you have any other questions.

Hi,

I'm interested in this tank. I live in westwood not too far from you. Let me know i this is already sold. I would gladly give you money for it and or willing to trade. I don't have much to trade for it. I'll be better off trading money for it:)

i couldn't send you a pm. it says your mailbox is full. Call me about the tank. my number is 626 552-2875. i can pick up tonight i possible:)

Von digity

*Update*

60 gallon has gone to a good home.

reefguy has dibs on the 20.

Ballast is still up for grabs, as well as the 55 gallon.

Will take frags or whatever, make me an offer.

This just added:

(1) Peltier and heatsink+fan combo up for grabs. Peltier came off ebay and works well. Has a small chip on a corner that doesn't affect it's cooling powers or prowers. Test ran it a few times off a 12vdc battery charger @ 8+ amps. This thing gets cold, fast.

Fan & heatsink are made by intel, they came with a pentium processor (not included). I'll even throw in the 18-10 SS plate/bowl/dish, thingy in the picture.

Recently got AC installed in the house. No need for chiller, screw you DIY!

Will take reasonable offers. Looking for frags. Xenia, blue shrooms, colorful Zoanthids, whatever. Shoot me an offer.

Von digity

Heres how the MH ballast looks, just trying to spark interest here. It has plenty of wire. Asking $25 or equivelant in frags shoot me an offer...

Von digity

To prove that there is actually a ballast in there and not a brick, here it is opened up. A healthy 250 watt M-58 magneteck magnetic ballast.

Von digity

C'mon, I know someone wants my 20L glass tank, with black silicon. I will trade for some shrooms or zoa's. Any reasonable offers won't be refused. Why? because I'm craaaazy!

YOUR KILLING ME LARRY!!

how much are you asking for the 20L and what are the demension. I also have a small torch coral frag and a yellow tip devil hand. We could work someting out. Let me know what you think. can you also post a picture of the tank.

Archived