Coral Vue Hydros

$120 Minolta Dimage example pic

xcajx

MillerLite

Great pics Caj! Thanks for the camera link. I may just order one in the next few days. That pic of the ricordia rocks. Maybe after you can focus in a bit more, they might be willing to include a shot or two in a future calendar. Good luck!

PS> Work up the images and try to submit to photography magazine. May be worth a few $$$. I receive a couple of magazine and I have never seen a piece on corals.

1 is gsp 2 is a ric yuma so good job. The 3rd is zoomed all the way in and it is an SPS. I'll let a few more guesses go then show you all a normal pic of it. also here is a pic of one of my blasto's under actinics...

sure, I just phyto'd the tank so i gotta wait for it to clear. goto the corul forum and look at all the new polyps, they are all over it.

TheCurriculum

I like the last picture xcajx B)

Nice little camera, some of my pictures of my tank are from one of those. I don't have a cam yet so I borrow 1 of 3 from people @ work. I really like fujifilm s5000 but for $300 more you can't tell which camera took which pic.

A few people have made notes that it's the setup not the camera... true true.... one of my friends stopped by work and took a picture of the same little corals I did and his pics just look better... weird but he has a better natural eye then me...

anywho... have fun with your camera and keep those critters growing, they are looking good

• 3 weeks later...

Ya u totally sold me, got one on ebay about a day after my first post. I'll throw a pic up later, but this lil cam rocks. There is no macro mode. It just autofocuses very very well. It's an awsome point and shoot camera. That's all I do with mine. Only time I mess with anything is I've turned the flash off on a few pics of the tank. And I bought a lil tripod for it and will have the flash off taking pics of sunsets and such. So definitely go out and get one!:)

all right! my sales pitch worked! Seriouly, for the price you just can't beat this camera. Not to mention it runs on AA bats and is very small.

I love it and I'm sure you will too.

PS let me know if you find any macro tweaks that are good.

Archived