Coral Vue Hydros

How long til false percs won't accept others?

FamousGuy

I can't make up my mind whether i want to buy two clowns for my tank and hope they pair off, or just get one. My question is...if i get just one, and change my mind in a few months, will the second clown just get its ass kicked? Or will there be low aggression from the established clown, and a chance they'd still pair off? Some people say ocellaris are nicer than other clowns.....

How big is your tank? If you have big tank, second choice is better which getting another clownfish later on(preventing in-breeding). If not, get two small one at same time.

PS. Some ppl having luck and breed the clownfish immediately, but others never breed(even they are paired)..LOL

I've always had problems introducing single new fish. If you do, make sure it's about the same size as your other one. It's best to put in 2 or more fish at a time.

Ty

I added a small false percula to my 20h about a month ago, and I just added another one of about the same size. They are both juvenile. They get along fine, in fact with the pair they seem to be more social, when it was just one in the tank he would only hang out along the glass in the back. So, I had no problems adding one later, but it is always safer to add as a pair. But I don't think it's that much of a risk with False Perculas, however I don't think I would try it with any other clowns.

brsbutton.gif

Brian c

Archived