Top Shelf Aquatics

logansreef shallow 36x18x12 starphire build

logansreef

Hey guys Im starting a build thread for my new 36x18x12 starphire tank. Im really still a noob to the hobbie. Ive had a 29gal biocube up and running a couple of years now and decided to take the plunge towards a larger tank. The biocube has been fun with challenges. I run it skimmerless and have fought gha a few times. Anyway the new tank is starphire on the four sides, .5 inch thick glass and black silicone. My sump is a ruby 30 by trigger systems. Ive built my stand its tall at 38.5" putting the top of the tank at 50.5". The only thing left on the stand is the trim work doors and finish work paint or stain or combo of. Plans for the skimmer are reef octopus 150, lights are going to be 2 ai sol blues, and still undecided on aqua controller brand (apex or reefkeeper). Im starting this thread to document the build, but mostly for the advice and knowledge of the members. Im sure that I will have countless questions as the build progresses. I got the cammera on the charger and will post picks of the tank, stand, and sump soon. Im also documenting build on youtube under the channel name 1977logan thanks.tank005.jpgtank006.jpgtank007.jpg

I really want to do sps, so maybe some digis and some encrusting corals. Fish wise I think my watchman goby and I want to get him a shrimp thats about it on the fish just coral. open to suggestion;)

Archived