inTank Media Baskets

My Aqueon Evolve 4 Reef (Pic Heavy) NEW SCAPE!

new-b-reefer

Awesome tank!

Thank you much :)

Ur mushroom grows so well!!!

Thanks. Love my mushies. The brown one in the middle is the one that expands the most. I have a ton of those growing on the bottom of my 55 gallon reef. And over time they have morphed a bit and the little tips on the putter edge has purple and green :) they were all originally all brown.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow..that's amazing!! Can i see a pic of ur mushroom in ur 55 gallon tank?

I will see if I can put up a picture this afternoon :)

RIP purple pseudo :( I came home from work yesterday to see ky coral banded shrimp eating him. He was so healthy and active, my only guess was the CBS ambushed him in his sleep. Every now and then I woupd see the shrimp lunge at him when he swam by. Think he finally put his attack plan in motion.

RIP purple pseudo and I guess bonapetite CBS

I think I might name the CBS Hannibal lol

I will see if I can put up a picture this afternoon :)

RIP purple pseudo :( I came home from work yesterday to see ky coral banded shrimp eating him. He was so healthy and active, my only guess was the CBS ambushed him in his sleep. Every now and then I woupd see the shrimp lunge at him when he swam by. Think he finally put his attack plan in motion.

RIP purple pseudo and I guess bonapetite CBS

I think I might name the CBS Hannibal lol

I had something very similar happen to my magenta dottyback (same fish). I got up one day, checked the tank, fed everyone and it was fine, took a shower and when I got out of the shower hermit crabs had already half eaten him.

Wow..that's amazing!! Can i see a pic of ur mushroom in ur 55 gallon tank?

As promised :) these are growing in so well on the bottom right of my 55 gallon reef. I call this nemo's lair lol

PicsArt_1383708685635_zpsaecc954f.jpgPicsArt_1383708453072_zps26a275b2.jpgPicsArt_1383708593628_zps0bc33a60.jpgPicsArt_1383708494038_zps048a7fb9.jpgPicsArt_1383708642320_zpsc25e368f.jpgPicsArt_1383708543313_zpscd8885a1.jpg

And a night shot

PicsArt_1383708830452_zps817bb808.jpg

Cbs likes to harass sleeping fish. Maybe the tank is too small to house the cbs. Sorry for loss.

Well now he has the whole tank to himself. He apparently evicted the previous tenant lol. He is pretty small and is smaller than the pseudo was. Guess he is now the center of the tank.

Omg..They look so healthy and happy. I like that so much. Can u also upload pic of ur 55 gallon tank. It look good just from the bottom? Hehee..

Here is a quick full tank shot of my 55. :)

PicsArt_1383754793700_zpsf770d12d.jpg

Yes I had the picotope. That is actually what got transfered and moved into this tank. Thanks for the compliment :)

I still have the picotope tucked away. I know its a matter of time before I get a bug to seet it up again lol. I have 4 tanks going so im pretty maxed out lol.

Ur big tank is simple and clean. How do u keep ur sand so white? I need a sunglass. Are u using led light on 55 gallon? How many watt do u have? Oh u have 4 tanks in total?! Where is the other two..can i see too..

Thanks for the compliment. The tank is a sea clear uniquarium so all the equipment is hidden

Behind the wall. Its an all in one tank. I have the center compartment growing chaeto on a reverse light cycle. The sand, I credit that to my 2 fighting conch snails and one nassarius snail. Along with multiple hermits and my gobies moving it around.

Yes I am using LEDs. Its a reef bright by beamswork. 54 x 1 watt leds.

Yes 4 tanks total. The other 2 are freshwater planted tanks.

This tank I keep simple. I let the corals that do well just fill in. It has the fuge and skimmer. I run chemipure. I only do water changes maybe once a month. The tank stays healthy and levels stay good and water quality stays amazing. I let it take care of itself. I do top offs every few days. Only dose iodine and every now and then use an instant ocean reef accelerator to add some trace elements in between water changes. This tank is my softy paradise :)

Maybe its time for me to start a thread for my 55. I get pic requests every now and then. I originally didnt do one cause it is pretty well stocked and has 2 tangs and a foxface. All are very healthy and happy. I just didnt wanna hear any negativity. Maybe I should put one up and hope the negativity stays at a minimal.

Thank u for the information on ur big tank. Approx. how much flow(in gph) do u have in there? I have a 20 gallon tank and have ~1000 gph (2 powerhead n a filter) do u think it's two much flow? Do u use tap water ? I have softy like urs but my mushroom is not as happy as urs...i wonder why....;(

Two negative is a positive so no worrys.. I like ur big tank too!

Thank u for the information on ur big tank. Approx. how much flow(in gph) do u have in there? I have a 20 gallon tank and have ~1000 gph (2 powerhead n a filter) do u think it's two much flow? Do u use tap water ? I have softy like urs but my mushroom is not as happy as urs...i wonder why....;(Two negative is a positive so no worrys.. I like ur big tank too!

Thanks :) im not sure the gph on my return pump. I need to look again. I know its a mag drive and is very strong. I branched the return nozzel into 2, one pointed at surface and one toward tue bottom at an angel for some conflicting water flow :)

As far as your gph, its a hard thing to determine if it is too much. Is that total with all your power heads and what not? If its all going in different directions, its better than all that flow in one direction. Make sense. I would maybe adjust the flow down a little bit as in the years I have been in this hobby I have found that the mushies do better in light to moderate flow.

And no I do not use tap water. Only RODI in my reefs for top off and I buy my saltwater from am lfs that uses I believe tropicmarine salt mix. Something like that. Has all the trace elements in it and have had great success with it.

My powerhead is on each side of the tank, one 250 point down, one 450gph point up, then i got filter in the middle running 250gph. It's hard to make everything happy. I assume when i'm not happy looking at it, they are not happy..

My powerhead is on each side of the tank, one 250 point down, one 450gph point up, then i got filter in the middle running 250gph. It's hard to make everything happy. I assume when i'm not happy looking at it, they are not happy..

Very true. You will know if your tank isnt happy. Thats one great thing about reef tank. Everything is alive so everything is able to give you a sign if something is wrong :)

• 4 months later...
new-b-reefer

Added some rock and moved some corals around. Fragged my giant candy cane coral, put the biggest chunk in my 55 gallon and left the smaller portion in this reef. Opened up some room for more corals.

20140328_200523_zps978c7df_edit_1396111220140328_200527_zpsa253e2d_edit_1396111220140328_200533_zpsf991056_edit_1396111120140328_200539_zps67a6e53_edit_1396111120140328_200518_zpsba26d2e_edit_1396111020140328_200509_zps9e4a50a_edit_1396111020140328_200500_zps0dd65f4_edit_13961110

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived