inTank Media Baskets

Smart Phone Lenses

~LadyBug~

So, a lot of people use their smart phones to take photos of their reef tanks...has anyone used any of the add on lenses offered for the smart phones? I've been taking a lot of my photos with my iPod touch 5g(I have a Canon Poweshot I love, but noticed that some of the pictures the ipod takes of the tank are truer to the actual color, and with the direct upload to photobucket... :P), and I saw this macro lense review. Sold here. I was interested to see if anyone had used anything similar with their tanks and if they'd noticed a difference in their photos.

I bought one similar to that, for about $4 on amazon, and I can tell it does magnify the image some. However it doesn't even come close to staying on magnetically to either my old iphone 4 or my new iphone 5. No attraction to the camera at all, it snaps right onto the metal sides of the phone though....

I bought one similar to that, for about $4 on amazon, and I can tell it does magnify the image some. However it doesn't even come close to staying on magnetically to either my old iphone 4 or my new iphone 5. No attraction to the camera at all, it snaps right onto the metal sides of the phone though....

Cool! Do you have a link? I'd like to try one, but I'd rather spend the $20 on corals :lol:

Archived