Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

final setup!

johnrags1234

johnrags1234

Heres what im going to do-

2.5 aga $5-6?@petsmart.

2x13watt $36 @hello lights

4lbs. cured fiji lr. $20@aquatic technolodgy (near my house has AWESOME livestock aquatictech.com

3lbs live sand $3 @same as above

no skimmer no filter.

maxi-jet -free leftover from 20H

Im going to custom build a canopy from high quality wood i have lying around. I chose such a small tank B/c i love the look of a realy fully stocked coral tank. what do you guys think? i need your input. can this support a small clam if i fed it manualy THANK you so much in advance. I wont put any fish in this system just snails/crabs/clean-up crews. I think ill be able to keep most softies, but what about 1 or 2 lps's? which do you recomend.

BTW sorry for the long post

johnrags1234

srry me again i decided to go skimmerless b/c since this is a small tank water changes wont be quite as hard and they dont realy bother me too bad. ill also add a top-off system

hey john,

I just put together a set-up almost exactly as you are describing (you can take a look at it in the members nano's section).

I haven't started stocking it yet but I can tell already I am gonna need to take out a bit of the rock and put it in another tank once I do... space is at a premium! I am going with some unusual zoo's, the search is on!, hehe, shrooms, small brain, I fragged a kenya tree and am thinking about a squamosa. An LFS near me has some about half-dollar size so gonna give it a try.

One thing you may want to think about... I have some Mini and Maxi Jets laying around... even the Mini 404 looked huge in there! I ended up going with an AquaClear mini HOB. It pumps about 100 gallons an hour which looks to be perfect plus only the pickup tube is in the tank. I think you will be suprised how much heat you get out of that Maxi as well in such small confines... just something to think about.

Well I haven't started stocking the 2.5 yet john... I did just did a 50% change as it is cycling and had really high readings...

My plan is to do 2 quarts once a week... I change out a gallon every week in my 5.5 so will just incorporate the "baby" into my routine. It all kinda depends on how my water quality is holding..

Archived