inTank Media Baskets

Feeding Gorgonian MicroVert

flaunt

i'm trying to figure out the best thing to feed a gorgonian in my 10g... i had some kent microvert that i used (it specifically said for use w/gorgonians), but that stuff *always* seems to pollute the water no matter how little i use. what would be something better to feed that is nutritious but won't destroy the water quality so easily?

i saw an interesting take on these liquid feeds in another post the other day (rc?). the post's position was that these liquid foods were really for the microfauna and not the target macro-life forms we aim the liquids at.

the logic is that the small particulates (MicroVert, Phytoplex, Chromaplex, multiplex, etc.) actually feed the microfauna in the tank, which in turn seek to reproduce. their protein-laden offspring or gametes is what our target lifeforms then uptake to make the tissues of their bodies. (kinda paraphrased but close)

sounds logical, i'm not sure that's what those companies originally had in mind though.

I use Kent MicroVert with my gorgonias in my 10gallon without any problems at all. You probably have old stuff.

I get mine as soon as they send it to my work (Petno) and I keep it refridgerated.

Originally posted by tinyreef

MicroVert, Phytoplex, Chromaplex, multiplex, etc.)  

these products do do anything useful IMO IME--they suck!

The use of live foods is they only way to go.

DT's or culture your own..........

click here if you wanna learn how to culture your own

www.florida-aqua-farms.com

Archived