Top Shelf Aquatics

De-rimmed 40br? Yes you can! UPDATE! June 2013

lizardfish

Deleted User 3

Better you than me buddy... lol. I'm so paranoid of my 20h breaking and spewing water on three outlets, and a shit ton of things plugged in, and an electric heater, and the floor. I saw how water came out of a 5 g and i didn't like it !

Better you than me buddy... lol. I'm so paranoid of my 20h breaking and spewing water on three outlets, and a shit ton of things plugged in, and an electric heater, and the floor. I saw how water came out of a 5 g and i didn't like it !

Install GFCI outlet. Takes away all the worry, except for having to clean up the water.

We want monthly FTS's.. we'll see how long it survives.

Deleted User 3

Install GFCI outlet. Takes away all the worry, except for having to clean up the water.

We want monthly FTS's.. we'll see how long it survives.

I'm sure thats pricey. and it doesn't help the electric heater, either =\. I have three outlets in reach of the tank.. if it doesn't explode, then only two but one is an old AC outlet ive never seen before... already got electrocuted twice by it.. not fun.

Plus i live in an apartment lol I can't mod anything really.

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
Odyssey350kc

Is this tank still intact. I want to de-rim my 40 breeder. Everyone says don't do it and has stories about bursting tanks but no one has actually said they witnessed a 40 breeder breaking.

• 2 weeks later...
frankdontsurf

UPDATE! 7 months and still holding strong !

Looked all over the interwebs to see if you can de-rim a 40 breeder and all I found was "it's there for a reason it will bow out and bust" me being stubborn as I am (thank my Irish genes for that) I had to find out for myself and this is my results.. 524866_4094337885888_1952304087_n.jpg?dl

Update??

Archived