Top Shelf Aquatics

► New Innovative Marine Stuffs ◄

inTank

Dearest inTank fans and haters

The past few days have felt like I work at Innovative Marine. But glad I don't since their company name hurts the fingers to type after a while.

So back on track, what we were up to this week.

Innovative Marine 8 Media Basket:

IMG_5520.jpg

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Innovative-Ma...asket-IM8MR.htm

Innovative Marine 8 Fuge Basket:

IMG_5545.jpg

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Innovative-Ma...asket-IM8FG.htm

Innovative Marine Auqa Gadget SkimMate Protein Skimmer - Desktop (serious who thought the name needed to be that LOOOOONG?) :

IM%20aqua%201.jpg

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Innovative-Ma...esktop-7201.htm

Innovative Marine Auqa Gadget SkimMate Protein Skimmer - Midsize:

IM%20aqua%20mid.jpg

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Innovative-Ma...idsize-7202.htm

Stevie, I am contemplating getting one of those there skimmers but am worried that the quality might be to par with their media baskets (which have since been replaced with your works of art). Do they look decent? Thoughts?

Their baskets suck, they know it, I know it, you know it, everyone konws it. It's just something cheap to throw in the tank. I doubt they are even charging for them and I don't see them for sale as a part.

The skimmer is along the lines with the rest of the stuff they charge for. Very nice. It feels and smells to be made from acrylic. The parts and pump look of good quality. And they stand by their products. I got to know the IM guys at MACNA this year. They were so excited that inTank was making baskets for their tanks, they also gave me a few other good ideas :)

hey Stevie, I have bought quite a few goodies (solana 34 and nc 28 parts) in the past from you and everything has been well made and of course the customer service great as always. I now have an IM nuvo 38g and will be buying that midsize skimmer since i like the look and specs of it. Wondering if you would recommend ditching the 3 stage filtration sponges as well as the media baskets themselves? Also, I want to make one of the chambers into a fuge and I bought a jbj nano glo from you but mounting seems to be an issue since the back isnt clear like it is on the solana 34. What would you recommend for that? Thanks in advance.

Hello

We will be coming out with baskets for that tank soon enough. I would still run something or theirs there for now. Filter floss on the first shelf is key for a clean rear chamber.

Updates kept here:

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Innovative-Ma...sket-IM30MR.htm

As for the nano glo just remove the vinyl around the section you want to light. It peals right off and can be cut with a razor. Then you have a clear view to the fuge.

Stevie, I am contemplating getting one of those there skimmers but am worried that the quality might be to par with their media baskets (which have since been replaced with your works of art). Do they look decent? Thoughts?

great, thanks for the info and expect my skimmer purchase shortly after xmas if not sooner.

I have their Nano Skimmer. I've been running it 2 weeks and it is GREAT! TONS of skimmate being produced. Virtually silent operation. Micro-bubbles were crazy for about a week but now are finally gone. Overall a very good product. Extremely well built and worth the money for sure.

That is good to hear and matches what I have herd from others and why we decided to carry them. I just love the guys at IM so fun and dedicated to the niche business.

brb, starting mfr process on eggrate media racks for IM tanks.

Excellent. I always need a reason to fire up the inTank jet to crush a small time nobody :happy:

I have the mid size skimmer in a heavily stocked IM38 and it is a workhorse. I've had this running about two months now and it pulls some dark nasty skimmate. Took about two weeks to get dialed in and I never had any issues with micro bubbles.

Giddy up on those media baskets for the 38. I'm on the notification list and will be purchasing as soon as you give the green light. Right now I have the two baskets side by side in one chamber. Its just a matter of time before that cheap plastic cracks when I pull it out to change the media.

• 3 weeks later...

We have used the IM skimmer, it works great.

Any idea when you'll have the baskets out for the 38? I really want a set for mine.

• Like 1
We have used the IM skimmer, it works great. Any idea when you'll have the baskets out for the 38? I really want a set for mine.
The prototype is done so now production can be approved. We don't give deadlines but estimated 2 weeks.

IM 30 baskets now!!!!!! K thanks ;)
I concur
  • 1 year later...

I pulled this thread back up because I tried to get the skimmer going in my Nuvo 16, but the cup immediately filled with water, I had it all the way up and bubbles were all over. Since my pump switch is behind the wall where my tank sits I have to run in there to turn it off and it was making a mess. I took it out. But I want to set it up again. Need Stevies help I guess.

When I went to push the cup back on the body of the skimmer it fits so tightly that it came lose from the screws that hold it up and the whole thing squished down into my sump...it was a mess! Help. I watched the video from IM but I need more help for fine tuning...any suggestions?

Archived