Coral Vue Hydros

Single Cree LED Aquaclear Fuge Mod

ReeVo

there are so many ways to grow cheato but whole point why i made this thread is for people to have an option. I'm sure others grow cheato just as well but this works very well. It is more than enough light for a small AC70.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw this thread as i was planning my tank and made a RapidLED order then. Just put it together last night, and while mine doesnt look as pretty as the OP's, im very happy with it. Thanks for posting this.

Saw this thread as i was planning my tank and made a RapidLED order then. Just put it together last night, and while mine doesnt look as pretty as the OP's, im very happy with it. Thanks for posting this.

Glad you like it Kornyam :)

I just wanted to say, the paint job you did on that AC70 is really nice.

Thanks Veng. That Plasti Dip does wonders :)

Wow. This is really slick.

Thanks VGT :)

Awesome job, love it! AC70s are probably the coolest filters to mod. Where's the AC70 mod club thread? Thanks for sharing.

Thanks C4PZL0K :)

Seriously. We need should start a new a club thread for us Aquaclear guys lol

Love my mod! AC70 wasn't in use so I side mounted it into my RSM for the time being! Just as clean in there...

Glad you liked it and worked out for you bro :)

• 1 month later...

i never got around to thanking you ReeVo for the DIY!

my single NW grows all kinds of algae in the fuge. Should i be wiping it all clean once a week? besides that, ive tried various ways in getting more flow to the chaeto so that it tumbles on its own. no luck so far.

hows your fuge working out?

i never got around to thanking you ReeVo for the DIY!

my single NW grows all kinds of algae in the fuge. Should i be wiping it all clean once a week? besides that, ive tried various ways in getting more flow to the chaeto so that it tumbles on its own. no luck so far.

hows your fuge working out?

Your welcome ryanwongg : )

Glad it's working great for your tank.

Mine is working like a champ. I have to trim almost every 2-3 weeks.

Is anyone else using this?

Let me know how it's working for you.

actually mine hasnt grown too much. I really dont even do any trimming at all. every week i only throw away whatever had separated from the ball of chaeto and for the last 2 months or so, this has kept the chaeto at a golf ball size. during my weekly maintenance, I squeeze it in my hand to compress it in a circular shape. this allows the chaeto to be nice and small which allows it to naturally spin for a couple of days before it gets loose and gets caught on something.

do you have a lot of excess slim and algae growing on the walls of your aquaclear? i have to wipe mine on a weekly basis. the chaeto lets off a lot of detritus when i squeeze it as well.

Archived