Top Shelf Aquatics

spray bar

sjwalton

well i broke down and bought the 7g bow. I would like to have a spray bar in the back moving water forward thru the rock if possible. I thought about using a Rio pump and some rigid clear tubing. Anybody know how to cap such a tubing and what size Rio would be a good idea for proper flow. Or if that setup sucks anybody have any ideas for a better setup.

> Anybody know how to cap such a tubing

Um....bring it to Home Depot or Lowe's or wherever, pick out a PVC cap for it, and silicone it on with aquarium-safe silicone?

first clear tubing with a white cap would look to crappy for anything i want in my tank. And i dont get the return pump comment. If its in the tank simply as a pump for a spray bar how is it a return. I have always used Rios with no problems. But thanx for the input.:)

you could silicone the end of the tube to the tank wall as a stop. you need a cap for directing the flow to the spray points.

it seems to me that you want multiple flow points across the tank as would be provided by the spray bar. it's not a return line for a sump or refugium, right?

orrr...if you can figure out an adapter, you can try using an airtube manifold. you could then (theoretically) pinpoint the flow wherever you want in the tank with air lines as the flow conduits roughly controlled by the manifold.

Archived