Pod Your Reef

Protein skimmer choice?

Mightymcc21

I currently have a 20 gallon tank and I want to add a protein skimmer and my skimmer budget is at $86 approx. So what is the best skimmer for a 20 gal. tank that is around my budget.

I currently have a 20 gallon tank and I want to add a protein skimmer and my skimmer budget is at $86 approx. So what is the best skimmer for a 20 gal. tank that is around my budget.

$86? That is an odd number. haha

The IM SkimMate skimmer is getting pretty good reviews for a budget skimmer. It is $100.

this is a product review, where you write about a particular product you own or have experience with. not to ask which skimmer is within your budget.

this is a product review, where you write about a particular product you own or have experience with. not to ask which skimmer is within your budget.

Thanks for being helpful!

I wasn't sure where to put it and I saw another thread where someone asked for opinions so that's why I posted this here. If you can tell me which section this kind of thread belongs to I will use it for future reference.

Thanks for the tips guys! :)

No, I don't have a sump I have a small chamber in the back that I plan on putting the skimmer into.

I wasn't sure where to put it and I saw another thread where someone asked for opinions so that's why I posted this here. If you can tell me which section this kind of thread belongs to I will use it for future reference.

Thanks for the tips guys! :)

No, I don't have a sump I have a small chamber in the back that I plan on putting the skimmer into.

Equipment forum ;)

Archived