Innovative Marine Aquariums

Cut stalk of toadstool?

tonym

I bought a toadstool a couple days ago and it looked absolutly awesome at LFS and it still looks good, but the stalk was slightly scared in transport from the plug it was on.

Can I cut the stalk where the damage is and attatch it to the live rock? Now I've heard these corals are very hardy and can be propagated(sp?) by cutting the crown, but can I cut the stalk?

Thanks.

Tony.

I think I came off wrong. My question wasn't on fragging(although it read that way), but more on repair. The base of the coral was damaged in transport and just wanted to know if I could cut the damage out, but the toadstool seems to be repairing itself and doing good.

Thanks Tiny.

np, but that question is a good one too.

if some damaged tissue looks softer or even starts to slough off then i would carve out a chunk even if still stressed. that radical move is in case the injury spreads (likely an infection). you see that sometimes on toadies but as you point out, if it's healing fine on its own then the best course is to leave it alone.

Well its been 2 weeks since I put it in the tank and the polyps have been comming out the last couple days so I cut it off the plug it came on from the LFS and place it in it's final spot on the rock. I put in a spot where I couldn't tie it to the rock so I proped it up with my magfloat. How long does it take to attach to the rock? It's in a low flow, medium light area.

Archived