Pod Your Reef

My fairly new 10g

scarface84

scarface84

I've had this running for about a month now. It has 2 Turbo snails and 3 hermits. I just got some free Xenia cause a guy was gona throw it out so i figure i would give it a shot. I only have 2x15w floro strips with regular bulbs right now but i am ordering a 96w power quad wensday when i get paid and hopefully they will make it till then. if not its not a big loss cause he was throwin them away.

• 4 weeks later...

You might want to break up those pieces of live rock to give you some more options for landscaping, and you also might just want to add some more rock all together. Good luck.

Is that Haitian live rock? And it looks like you need more. Try getting some rock with more corraline algae, like figi or something to mix it up a bit.

if you don't want to spend the cash on live rock, I picked up some pretty nice dead rock at my lfs...it's white, but quite porous (SP?)

I broke it up into smaller pieces for my soon to be frag tank..In about 3 weeks, it covered with green and brown algae. I think it is 1.99 a pound. In a couple of months, no one will even know it was dead!! :)

well now it has 15-20 pounds of live rock. the rock work still sucks though. i havnt had anytime to mess with it. ill put an updated picture here after a bit

Archived