Coral Vue Hydros

Aquaclear 500

Noonan

I am thinking about getting a Aquaclear 500 when I setup my 10 gallon nano.

I have a few questions though..

428 gph sounds like it will be sucking up my fish. How do I lower that down but still have plenty of filtration?

I will be using a Coralife Quad light which will be pushing like 96 watts. I will be using the legs.. Will that be enough to shed light to the fuge area?

Would I be able to keep mangrove in the fuge or not? Id also like to keep caulerpa, sand, and small bits of LR.

BKtomodachi

do chaeto its better that caulerpa, although I havent much of either so dont listen to me! I was thinking a AQ500 also... but then I looked at their PREICE TAG!! holy cow...

I am going to either build my own out of plexi or use a "tall rubbermaid" and basically hook it up to work just like a HOB, but sitting on the ground behind the tank instead.

$30-$40? Not that bad.

Any pics of Chaeto? Never really heard of it and I have been keeping SW for a few years..

Basically you can remove the piece of plastic that is inbetween the uplift and motor or add the surface skimmer which apparently only works at around 200GPH. I would suggest looking at physh1`s new fuge (he removed the platic thing) and I believe it is a nice fuge set up.

I actually still have the little plastic donut thing in there. With the surface skimmer and adjusting the control on it my flow is probably around 200-250 gph. Check the fuge forum for my ac500 threads....

Cameron

Undertheradar

Wire macro? Dude, I have it growing out of my ears...

I need to start selling it, along with the other macros I have. Some double in just days!! The Wire doubles every 2 weeks.

If you want, I could ship you some. Beware, I have flatworms all over it (I HAD a flatworm problem that wouldnt go away no matter how many times I used the exit...so now I have a couple velvet nudis...and now they arent a problem...they are natural food...LOL!!)

I really like Cup Macro..

How much do you want for some wire, cup, and feather?? I cant find too much feather macro here. Just grape caulerpa.

Forgot to mention...

Im not worried about the flatworms either. The algae will probably just sit in a 5 gallon with some sand, lighting, and a powerhead for a few weeks. They arent going straight to a tank anyway.

Undertheradar

Ok, just keep in mind that they will spread...even through pumps (they easily recover from getting blended). FWIW, I could do a salifert dip before i ship. I will have to look into shipping on the group...but dont worry....I am not interested in making money on the macro...so I would say $5 plus shipping is all.

PM me with your addy and I will check.

Originally posted by Undertheradar

Ok, just keep in mind that they will spread...even through pumps (they easily recover from getting blended).  FWIW, I could do a salifert dip before i ship.  I will have to look into shipping on the group...but dont worry....I am not interested in making money on the macro...so I would say $5 plus shipping is all.

PM'd

Im really interested in this but I dont know if Im exactly ready.. :

I am running an ac500 fuge on my eclipse 6 with no problems at all. I removed the black donut thing that mates the intake to the impeller. I am also using an ac-mini intake tube fitted on with a pipe reducer and I'm sure thats the main reason I was able to reduce the flow to acceptable levels. I am also housing a baseball size of chaeto and a red mangrove plant and it's working wonders on my nitrate level. I still have plenty of room to work with to add a coralife superskimmer which should arrive this week. I'll post pictures once I get the skimmer up.

Originally posted by RoboPhung

I am running an ac500 fuge on my eclipse 6 with no problems at all.  I removed the black donut thing that mates the intake to the impeller.  I am also using an ac-mini intake tube fitted on with a  pipe reducer and I'm sure thats the main reason I was able to reduce the flow to acceptable levels.  I am also housing a baseball size of chaeto and a red mangrove plant and it's working wonders on my nitrate level.  I still have plenty of room to work with to add a coralife superskimmer which should arrive this week.  I'll post pictures once I get the skimmer up.

Sounds good. I was also looking at that skimmer.

Post pics when it gets there.

Originally posted by Undertheradar

Ok, just keep in mind that they will spread...even through pumps (they easily recover from getting blended).  FWIW, I could do a salifert dip before i ship.  I will have to look into shipping on the group...but dont worry....I am not interested in making money on the macro...so I would say $5 plus shipping is all.

Any word on shipping?

Well, I just received my superskimmer and I plan to mount it tomorrow. The only problem is that the clip for it extends too far so it will take up a lot of needless space in my fuge mounting so far from the wall. I'll try to diy some way to mount it flush against the wall of the fuge to conserve more space for macros. Hopefully I can get pictures up tomorrow.

Archived