SaltCritters.com

setup and treatment

missyandbrent

missyandbrent

I noticed that my percula had little white spots ( ICK) all over it the other nite. The next day thay were almost gone execpt maybe 1 or 2 spots. The neon goby had almost picked him clean. I've had them both for 3 weeks now and this is the first sine of anything wrong with them. The Perc also had white stringy poo(internal parasite). I only saw it one time tho I check every feeding. I set up a 10 gal QT tank with a small powerhead and a side mount filter with just the sponge filter( NO Carbon filter)and a heater. My question is Now What? I have clout to use. But what should My water conditions be? My main tank I keep the salinity at 1.025 p.h. 8.2 to 8.4. Everything else is normal. Should I lower the salinity in the QT tank? I heard of people lowering the salinity in a QT tank. Also should I put both fish in and how long should I keep them in qurantine?

id stick it out in the main tank and if anything get a cleaner shrimp. between teh shrimp and the neon goby you should be fine. of course if teh condition worsens QT teh fish keep parameters as close to teh main tank as possible and use a medication or lower teh gravity in the QT to around 1.012 or so and do a lengthy acclimation on teh fish.

Archived