Top Shelf Aquatics

Dragon's Breath turning clear 1 day after receiving?

duganderson

I got my first Dragon's Breath yesterday. It is a piece about 2 inches tall and it was about 60% red and 40% bright orange when I got it. Now the orange portions are clear and it's only about 50% red.

Is it just adjusting to shock of shipping (2 day) OR do I need to do something to help it out. The bottom of the Dragon's breath is mounted between two pieces of rubble (held together by a rubber band) and is sitting at the bottom of my 28 g. nano cube with stock CF lights.

Any tips or ideas appreciated.

Thanks

I've had about 50/50 luck on macros that turn clear after shipping.

Recently got a shipment that included some red dictyota and some blue ochtodes. Both were clear. The ochtodes made it, the red dictyota (which looked better when it arrived) didn't make it.

I haven't really noticed any specific differences between the ones that make it and the ones that don't.

One thing I have seen is that hermits and emerald crabs will try to eat the clear parts of the plant. I'd at least try and keep it away from those if you can.

Was is cold out when it was shipped? heat pack? It happens though.. most sellers guarantee live arrival.

Keydiver included it as a "freebie" in addition to another "freebie" (really cool of him). The macro I paid for is doing well.

The dragon's breath has become even more clear. There is only a small potion of red left (maybe 1/2 the surface area of a dime is red). We'll see if it recovers.

Should I put it in low or med light while it recovers? How about low or med. flow? Any other tips to help recovery?

I have a 28 g. cube with CF lights.

Thanks

Archived