Pod Your Reef

365 day photo project

Withers

Krista wants to do a 365 day photo project to improve her photography, so I'm going to have another go at it too. Anyone else interested in trying to do one for 2013?

They're fun but very challenging. It takes a lot of willpower to stick with it.

If I get a camera for Christmas, sure, I'll give it a try. I'm probably going to buy the Canon T3 kit that Target has on sale on Black Friday for $499. Comes with the 18-55 kit lens and a 75-300mm. It's basically the same exact price as buying the T3 kit through the Canon Loyalty Program and buying the lens separate, then we have a Target redcard and another 5% off entire purchase coupon, so I'm going to save my old busted Canon trade-in for upgrading from the T3 if ever feel the need to upgrade.

Do you have to post every day, or is it a weekly upload kinda thing?

Do you have to post every day, or is it a weekly upload kinda thing?

You can do it however you want. Do a weekly upload of your pictures, or just try to take a picture once a week. As long as you're out taking pictures that's all that matters. I'm going to try and update my thread daily but that won't always be possible.

It doesn't really matter what you take them of, so long as you go out and do it. I need to focus more on my post processing skills than my camera skills, so I'm just going to focus my project on editing. Krista is trying to get into the nitty gritty of the camera itself, so she's going to work on taking a picture every day.

I only made it to April the last time I tried this, but hopefully now that we're both going to do it we'll keep each other motivated.

If you can make it to the end, they're a great subject for a photo book for parents and it'll show how much you've improved over the year :)

• 1 month later...

So how do we want to do this? We'll have a sticky on the topic, but do we want everyone to post their shots in that main thread, our own separate threads, or both?

Also, who wants to start the main thread? :P

So how do we want to do this? We'll have a sticky on the topic, but do we want everyone to post their shots in that main thread, our own separate threads, or both?

Also, who wants to start the main thread? :P

Totally up to you :)

Archived