Top Shelf Aquatics

Idea for a Spraybar in a nano tank..

Nanite

Originally posted by xxaquanutxx

Just make sure that your PH has enough power to push the return all through the spray bar.

Hi xxaquanutxx

I know what you mean , i make the spraybars to suit the Powerheads use..

Regards from Len

So along with the spray bar you are using a powerhead. Wouldn't you put the stronger one attached to the spraybar and the smaller for current? Is it necessary for both? The spraybar wouldn't be enough? Would it be if a Aquaclear 300 or 500 was also running?

I'm planning a 15gal nano (currently have a 72gal) so I'm not sure how much / what type of movement I'm going to need/want, so thank you for your patience :)

Originally posted by wreaphan

(also) NOT MEANT TO HIGHJACK THE THREAD!

Sly, love your setup man! Everything about it is great, will probably copy extensively...Hey, you got plans for how you made your float switch?  Also the skimmer?

I'm also looking for black eggcrate, if anyone knows where...

Oh, back to the thread topic...  

Nanite, so would the open end point up -or is the whole thing laying down in the substrate?? (Sorry, diagram looks nice, but little confusing.) Is the ratio of holes to pressure supposed to be enough that there's not much pressure at the end -or maybe just shooting out at high pressure??

Hi Wreaphan

Well the spraybar has an endcap and sofar i've only used it on top of the tank, just under the waterline and the spraybar holes pointing down.. But this was 16 years ago, so this time i'll have the spraybar on the bottom , just above the dsb pointing up and behind the live rock..

regards from Len

Originally posted by Cake Fan

So along with the spray bar you are using a powerhead. Wouldn't you put the stronger one attached to the spraybar and the smaller for current? Is it necessary for both? The spraybar wouldn't be enough? Would it be if a Aquaclear 300 or 500 was also running?

I'm planning a 15gal nano (currently have a 72gal) so I'm not sure how much / what type of movement I'm going to need/want, so thank you for your patience :)

Hi Cake Fan

Well i have a number of powerheads to choose from.. i will be posting pictures as i set it up, and your most welcomed to ask me any questions.

Regards from Len and good luck with your new tank..

Originally posted by Nanite

Hi Wreaphan

Well the spraybar has an endcap and sofar i've only used it on top of the tank, just under the waterline and the spraybar holes pointing down.. But this was 16 years ago, so this time i'll have the spraybar on the bottom , just above the dsb pointing up and behind the live rock..

regards from Len

Why are you going to put in on the DSB instead of on the waterline? Wouldn't this give you problems with sand getting into the line?

Why are you going to put in on the DSB instead of on the waterline? Wouldn't this give you problems with sand getting into the line?

Hi Cake Fan

Well when i had my two tanks going 16 years ago i had the spraybar's on top just under the water line.

This time i will try it in a different position to see if there is any difference...

Regards from Len..

Did you encounter any problems with it on the water line that would make you try another position or just curiosity?

I have no exp. here but I'd figure with any activity on/near the sandbed you'd get some inevitably in the pipe, or would gravity and water pressure keep it out? Or positioning of the holes it wouldn't be an issue?

Did you encounter any problems with it on the water line that would make you try another position or just curiosity?  

I have no exp. here but I'd figure with any activity on/near the sandbed you'd get some inevitably in the pipe, or would gravity and water pressure keep it out? Or positioning of the holes it wouldn't be an issue?

Hi Cake Fan

I had no problems with my water line, your will just have to try different positions with the spraybar to suit your tank..

I have included a diagram as to how i will have my spraybar set up in my new tank, this pic is only the powerhead and spraybar.

Originally posted by matt the fiddler

water pressure would blow any out instantly....

Hi Matt the fiddler

Well yes it would, but it all depends as to where you have your spraybar located, i've had no problems with it so far...

Anyway you will be seeing pictures of it when i setup my new tank...

Regards from Len

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Reefer_Buddha

another bryce user i see :)

Hi Reefer_Buddha

How did you guess that i use Bryce 5.. :)

regards from Len

Archived