Coral Vue Hydros

hitchhiker coral(well i think it is)

nicksatx

okay i just got a new peice of live rock and there is a little thing sticking sorry no pics so i will try to describe as best as i can. its about a inch long 1/2 in. wide and 1/4 tall the top is almost perfectly flat maybe a little concave. the underside is wide where it meets the rock to paper thin around the edges. it is a off white. the top has some faint lines on it and the underside has much darker reddish brown stripes. (the ones on the top could just be because its semi transparent i cant really tell.) the edge doesnt appear to be smooth it looks liek itty bitty serations sort of. umm i cant really think of anything else to describe it. its sort of shaped like a staghorn coral(i think that is the right name) except it isnt branchy its a solid mass. its on a peice of fiji live rock by teh way incase location is important. any ideas whta it might be? i just ordered a 96w power quad so if its something i can keep alive that would be cool. thx again and if u need me to describe anything else just ask. peace

nick

ok so i looked aroudn and it isnt shaped like a stag horn at all. i cant remember the name of it. u know those big flat sort of shelfs that grow on coral reefs. anyways this is solid so i doubt its related or anything. any help u can give me would be appreciated. peace

nick

Archived