ReefCleaners.org

devils hand

HITSEEDS

I have a devils hand that doesn't seem to want to open up completely does anyone no the best way to care for this coral. There likes and dislikes.

jbj nano cube

32 watt retro

24 watt stock

12# live rock

pulsing xenia

yellow polyops

10 scarlet hermits

10 astera snails

devils hand

nitrite 0

nitrate 0

ammonia 0

ph 8.2

i still have the stock power head do you think this is enough current for the devils hand or do i need to replace this with a 606

:*(

I added another PH in the upper left back and it is really an amazing addition - everything seems happier in less than 2 days. So I dont know about the devil's hand, but it sure won't hurt.

ReeferMonkey

As with all leathers, sometimes the Devils Hand will shrink up as it sheds its mucous coat. Usually everything else (in my tank, at least) gets really pissy and closes up. These events are almost always associated with stress events (acclimation, WC, etc.) and last for a couple of days IME. My DH hasn't yet extended all of it's polyps, if I get 25% I feel lucky.

After my last stress event/mucous shed, I'm actually ready to be rid of mine. He really stressed out my other inhabitants, including multiple zoa colonies, shrooms, montiporas and my frogspawn. Fresh carbon bag helped everything out, but I know it's just a matter of time before it happens again.

Archived