Innovative Marine Aquariums

Hungry Metallic Hairy Mushroom

reefcowboy

Had never seen a mushroom eat before. I guess that is the reason they are called mushroom anemones....

I was feeding the crabs some pellets and one sunk right on the mushroom...quickly it secreted a slime that sort of trapped the food and it started folding itself inwards... its mouth opened huge and it quickly brought the food into it...quite amazing...

It is getting 9-10 hours of light per day when it opens bigger everyday.... wonder if the light is not being enough for its requirements?

I dont really want to feed it that much either so it doesnt grow that much and start becoming like a carpet anemone(ive had a beautiful green one that grew 3x its size in 2 months, ate 2 clows, a small hippo and a shrimp... and then spat their bones into a pile a few days later! :o )

anyone have experience with these mushrooms ,their growth rate and feeding requirements?

I will post a pic soon

Had never seen a mushroom eat before. I guess that is the reason they are called mushroom anemones....

I was feeding the crabs some pellets and one sunk right on the mushroom...quickly it secreted a slime that sort of trapped the food and it started folding itself inwards... its mouth opened huge and it quickly brought the food into it...quite amazing...

It is getting 9-10 hours of light per day when it opens bigger everyday.... wonder if the light is not being enough for its requirements?

I dont really want to feed it that much either so it doesnt grow that much and start becoming like a carpet anemone(ive had a beautiful green one that grew 3x its size in 2 months, ate 2 clows, a small hippo and a shrimp... and then spat their bones into a pile a few days later! :o )

anyone have experience with these mushrooms ,their growth rate and feeding requirements?

I will post a pic soon

It will be fine with whatever falls on it and from the dissolved particles in the water. I run the lights from 1-10 every day so I run about 9 hours every day with lights on.

I love my green fuzzy mushies, their awesome.

Archived