SaltCritters.com

7 gal. AGA mini-bow dimensions

Glenn

I am thinking about getting a 7 gal. AGA mini-bow but I can't find any dimensions for it anywhere (not even on the AGA web page!) The main thing I need to know is how long it is (inside the trim where the top rests) and how wide it is excluding the bow. I am looking into some lights by Custom Sea Life and their dimensions are 15"x7"x4". I was wondering if I took off the hood that comes with the aquarium and replaced it with a custom cut piece of lexon would the lights sit on top, inside the trim? Thanks in advance!:happy:

Is the model # PC15232-ABS? I looked on the CSL website and that is the only one they had listed that was close to what you posted. The dimensions are 15" x 6" x 5" though, which are slightly different than what you posted. At any rate, that hood should fit on the tank and light it quite nicely. FYI, here is a link to the light I see onthe CSL site: http://www.customsealife.com/NewFiles/pc15228.html

BTW Glenn.... just wanted to let you know I have that CSL light setup. It's awsome, couldn't be more happier with it, light is a beautiful color and the fan pulls alot of air through it. The acrylic lens doesn't even feel warm to the touch and it hasn't affected the temp in my tank in the slightest... use it on a 5.5

jdiver: That's the one. I guess Sea Quest Marine has their dimensions wrong. Thanks a whole lot for the info. The lfs around here act like there is no such thing as an AGA 7gal. mini bow. So needless to say I am having a hard time getting one.

glazer: Whoa! That's alot of fixture above such a small tank. I'm impressed. Do you have it suspended somehow or is it resting on the tank itself?

Thanks for the input guys. You have (maybe) helped me decide on a tank/light combination (FINALLY!!!). I have been bouncing back and forth between the 7gal. and a 10gal. nano. I like the extra capcity and availabilty of the trusty old 10gal., but I just can't ignore the style of the 7gal. mini-bow. Maybe I'll just set up both (I promise honey, I got them both for less $ than just one of them would cost.)

Glenn,

Light is sitting directly on top of tank... I have started adding some SPS frags the last few weeks and they all seem to be doing well....

OH and so you know.... I grabbed the tape measure.. that hood is indeed 15 x 7 and is 4 high. This is the 10,000k/Actinic hood Model # PC15232-ABS

Archived