Innovative Marine Aquariums

Shipped fish not moving. Is he dead?

thirdchild

The package with my fish didn't arrive by noon. I finally had to chase down the mailman to get my package a few hours later.

When I opened the box, fish was not moving and stuck to the bottom. It was in a kordon bag so I moved the fish and original water into a tupperware. Then I temp acclimated and started drip acclimating. Still no movement or breathing.

Is he dead or still shocked from shipping? Am I suppose to see breathing?

The package arrived late. I finally had to chase down the mailman to get my package.

When I opened the box, fish was not moving and stuck to the bottom. It was in a kordon bag so I moved the fish and original water into a tupperware. Then I temp acclimated and started drip acclimating. Still no movement.

Is he dead or still shocked from shipping?

Take a little time and watch for gill movement. Can be hard to tell. What type of fish? Pic?

Take a little time and watch for gill movement. Can be hard to tell. What type of fish? Pic?

He's an onyx clown shipped from San Francisco to Los Angeles.

No gill movement or mouth movement.

Is there anything I should be doing?

20121030onyx.jpg

He's an onyx clown shipped from San Francisco to Los Angeles.

No gill movement or mouth movement.

Is there anything I should be doing?

You should be calling the shipper and tell them you have a DOA fish. That guy looks like a goner.

You should be calling the shipper and tell them you have a DOA fish. That guy looks like a goner.

Gills are flared wide open too.

Sigh. I don't blame the shipper at all, perfect packaging. I've just never using USPS Express again. This is so sad.

Well he's still not moving or breathing. Just in case he's still alive I'm waiting another 30 min.

Probably silly of me to wait awww

Gills are flared wide open too.

Sigh. I don't blame the shipper at all, perfect packaging. I've just never using USPS Express again. This is so sad.

You should still contact the seller. If the package was supposed to arrive at noon but you ended up having to track down the USPS guy then that's a problem that the seller needs to be aware of.

You should still contact the seller. If the package was supposed to arrive at noon but you ended up having to track down the USPS guy then that's a problem that the seller needs to be aware of.

Yes, I requested the trace a little while after noon and dropped him a note then. I kept pounding the USPS tracking site since I was really looking forward to this. Such a nice little guy.

Yes, I requested the trace a little while after noon and dropped him a note then. I kept pounding the USPS tracking site since I was really looking forward to this. Such a nice little guy.

Alright he's officially dead. This is depressing.

Archived