Innovative Marine Aquariums

Interesting News

johnmaloney

Florida Fish and Wildlife starting this Thursday is banning the collection of Condy anemones in Florida, for 3 years. This was due to a request from the aquarium fishing industry, based on consensus, that wanted to see the resource bloom again. While still commonly encountered throughout the Florida Keys, there density has diminished and the rule will hopefully give them a long enough break to again reclaim their status as one of the more ubiquitous sea creatures in the Florida Bay. Just thought you might find it interesting.

Florida Fish and Wildlife starting this Thursday is banning the collection of Condy anemones in Florida, for 3 years. This was due to a request from the aquarium fishing industry, based on consensus, that wanted to see the resource bloom again. While still commonly encountered throughout the Florida Keys, there density has diminished and the rule will hopefully give them a long enough break to again reclaim their status as one of the more ubiquitous sea creatures in the Florida Bay. Just thought you might find it interesting.

Thanks John and yes I read it I think on reefbuilders not too long ago. Good move I think indeed

Archived