inTank Media Baskets

Starting A Macro

RC1313

Hey guys, I am going to take my old 29 gallon FOWLR tank and turn it in to a macro tank. Just wondering if you can give me some advice on how much light macros need (theres just a crappy T-5 on it now), some good macros to start out with, or some cool macros that i should check into. Thanks a lot!

Hey guys, I am going to take my old 29 gallon FOWLR tank and turn it in to a macro tank. Just wondering if you can give me some advice on how much light macros need (theres just a crappy T-5 on it now), some good macros to start out with, or some cool macros that i should check into. Thanks a lot!

T5 lighting should be plenty. You should tune your bulb choice to more of a 10k color for optimal growth. What kind of fixture is it? My first macro tank was lit by a fishneedit 2x24 w T5 fixture

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=249554

Good macros to start with would be:

Dragons breath

ochtodes

red titan

red grape

codium

blue scroll

caulerpa prolifera

All these fall under the category of display macros. If you're interested, I have most of these for sale.

It's good to see some other people starting macro tanks, it's a beautiful contrast to the reef tank

T5 lighting should be plenty. You should tune your bulb choice to more of a 10k color for optimal growth. What kind of fixture is it? My first macro tank was lit by a fishneedit 2x24 w T5 fixture

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=249554

Good macros to start with would be:

Dragons breath

ochtodes

red titan

red grape

codium

blue scroll

caulerpa prolifera

All these fall under the category of display macros. If you're interested, I have most of these for sale.

It's good to see some other people starting macro tanks, it's a beautiful contrast to the reef tank

Thanks for your help! Right now its lit by a 30" 20w fixture, so I think I'll definitely need to upgrade. I'm excited for this change, I'm actually going to be doing a waterbridge between my reef and this tank, I think it will be really cool to watch the fish swim between the two environments.

Grape Caulerpa racemosa I got from KGoldy. I L O V E it!

macro1o.jpg

Nice! I really like some of the caulerpa, but I'm afraid of it going all sexual on me! :o I saw a red and black mermaids fan type thing yesterday and i fell in love with it! haha im so excited for this tank!

Archived