Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

doubled's JBJ 28gl Advanced LED nano-cube

Incubus_doubled

Thats awesome, temps been between 75 and 78 here so need of a chiller... yet ;) I will ad a protein skimmer since I do want to add a couple of sps, not sure yet on what to get and im looking into getting a media or a bio pellet reacto for my phosphates and nitrates... but thats later in the future so many things I want to add... y3ah I checked out that booth, that was awesome... I felt like a little kid in a candy store :P

Yeah you're lucky! Luckily I worked at a LFS and I got my chiller at wholesale cost :) but yeah if you decide to get a skimmer the Tunze 9002 is the best one for the nanocube, you have to cut off the magnet that's attached and that's about it, I just can't get one because my chiller pump is in the middle chamber which is where the skimmer has to go :/

You shouldn't have a problem with nitrates or phosphates if you don't over feed and keep up with water changes, I also have phosguard and Purigen in the back chambers so that helps a lot too!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Incubus_doubled

to my surprise I woke up this morning found the tank has a diatom bloom. A liitle brown spots here and there. The tank so far is doing great, I'll check my parameters later n top it off. I'll keep you all posted later today.

Incubus_doubled
Yeah you're lucky! Luckily I worked at a LFS and I got my chiller at wholesale cost :) but yeah if you decide to get a skimmer the Tunze 9002 is the best one for the nanocube, you have to cut off the magnet that's attached and that's about it, I just can't get one because my chiller pump is in the middle chamber which is where the skimmer has to go :/

You shouldn't have a problem with nitrates or phosphates if you don't over feed and keep up with water changes, I also have phosguard and Purigen in the back chambers so that helps a lot too!

Thats awesome, now I know where to get my livestock.. lol

Im planning on getting the intank mediabasket and have the same setup as when I had my 12... but yeah thats what im gonna have the chemi pure, purigen, phosguard n filter floss.. I like the tunze skimmer, so I made my choices to these ones: innovative marine protein skimmer, the hydor koralia, the aquamax HOB, the tunze, n the aquaticlife..so will see :)

Incubus_doubled

okay guys and gals, so like I said I'm taking my time on this tank. So next item on the list to order an Intankmediabasket to replace the stock one. Ordered one today so can't wait till i get it :)

Incubus_doubled

So I was debating on a heater, so many options to get. I avoided titanium heaters since i have read several bad reviews on them. So far the one that grab my attention and was recommended by several people is the Eheim JagerTruTemp. and i have to say I'm really happy with it :)

012.jpg

013-1.jpg

0062.jpg

Incubus_doubled
Nice! I've seen a lot of ppl use those heaters, my bf as one of them. He has no complaints :)

sweet.. good to hear another great review :)

Incubus_doubled

so my cell phone screen broke and my saved up money for my protein skimmer is gone :( So now I have to wait another week to get one... but at least I got my galaxy note II... :D

Sorry to hijack your thread incubus, but Salt, What kind of chiller do you have in your tank? would it also work in a coralife BC29?

Incubus_doubled
Sorry to hijack your thread incubus, but Salt, What kind of chiller do you have in your tank? would it also work in a coralife BC29?

Pjanssen... how dare you!!! :tears: i thought you care.. hahahaha

Incubus_doubled

okay so i tested my water,

Test results are in

Ph 8.4.

Nh3/Nh4 0ppm

No2 0ppm

No3 0ppm

post-73681-1352485229_thumb.jpg

what do you guys think.. should I wait or start adding ... i myself think it's too early... this has been setup for 13days

Test results are in

Ph 8.4.

Nh3/Nh4 0ppm

No2 0ppm

No3 0ppm

what do you guys think.. should I wait or start adding ... i myself think it's too early... this has been setup for 13days

Clean up crew

I use the 1/15 hp JBJ Arctica Titanium, the stand for my tank is made for it as it has ventilation on the sides so the chiller can breathe. I'm sure you know you can't keep a chiller in an enclosed area without proper ventilation.

And your water looks perfect!! Time to add something B)

Test results are in

Ph 8.4.

Nh3/Nh4 0ppm

No2 0ppm

No3 0ppm

Clean up crew

Incubus_doubled

Ok so I added a couple of snails, I will update pics later

6 astraea nails

6 nassarius snail

1 turbo snail

1 cerite snail (they ran out but was able to find one ;) )

if everything goes well I'll end up getting some cerites, nerites, and more nassarius snails next week.

I wanted some margarita snails but the lfs was out.

Incubus_doubled

20121110_092629.jpg

20121110_093046.jpg

So I got to say I'm very excited about the Aquamaxx hang in the back. I read upon several people that had use it. Did my research and decided to go ahead and try one out.

20121110_093129.jpg

20121110_093251.jpg

The Aquamaxx HOB1 is rated up to 75 gallons. Has a dimension of 7.5"x 3.5"x 17". Comes with a shark 1.0 made custom for the HOB 1 and has a power consumption of 11 watts. It's design to fit inside the protein skimmer to reduce noise and save space. Easily hangs over the back on any aquarium regarding if it's rimless or has rim bracket. It has two screws that easily attach to your aquarium.

20121110_0937301.jpg

20121110_093741.jpg

20121110_093805.jpg

The Aquamaxx has a small custom needle wheel that inserts right in the shark pump. The needle wheel turns the water into micro bubbles. This air and water movement removes organic waste and sends it straight into your collection cup.

20121110_095457.jpg

20121110_135456.jpg

The quality of the skimmer is laser cut by computer and is made to last for years. It comes with a built in silencer to further reduce noise. FYI!!! this skimmer is really quiet, don't know how some people say it's noisy, so far it's the quietest skimmer i ever heard.

20121110_192813.jpg

After installing this on the back of my tank I hit that wall that everybody experience with it. I was unable to open the lid from my 28 gl nano. So a few alterations where done to the return and send plumbing. I had to cut at least half of each tube and end up gluing the return line since it was dripping water. After I let the glue dried i re-installed it and gave it another shot. The lid open up, no leaks, no fuzz and it was working like a charm. It only took three days for the break in period for it to start skimming some good ol waste ;)

20121110_193641.jpg

20121110_194918.jpg

20121110_194925.jpg

20121111_180301.jpg

Incubus_doubled
Yoo, are you still interested in the alien eye frag? :)

Yeah Ben, i'm trying to shoot for saturday morning since i'll be busy after mid day..

Deleted User 4
Yeah Ben, i'm trying to shoot for saturday morning since i'll be busy after mid day..

Sounds good, so tomorrow morning? What time? I'm free. You still want that merlot blasto 1 head as well?

Archived