inTank Media Baskets

7g bow question

sjwalton

LFS has 7g All Glass bows on clearance and i want one. So anybody round here that has them please give me some input. Love em? Hate em? what kinda setup do you have and can i retrofit the hood with a 2x13 watt kit from AHsupply. Will a decent filter or skimmer fit on the back with the hood. Should i order any specific powercompacts and from where. input input input. The little bow would fit perfect on my desk at work.

i love mine. all my specs are in my sig. go with the CSL 32 watt smart light instead of the 2 13 watters. you can get one at the nano-reef store for 45 bucks. just take the existing light fixture out of the plastic hood and put the smart lamp in. i fit a prizm on the back of the tank with no problems.

Go to mistressreef (type it in your search engine) and check out his "Bonzai Reef". He tells you exactly how he set it up and what he used. BTW, I have been looking for an AGA min-bow 7, how much is the one at your lfs. If your search engine doesn't take you to the web site let me know and I will try to find the address.

the super pet wharehouse has them on clearance for 42.31 US. I dunno how that stacks up to other places cause this town sucks and no other lfs ( all 1 of them ) carry the AGA 7bow

I've seen many 7 gal. bows used as nano reefs and I love em'! These tanks seem a little expensive here where I live.. around 55 to 60 dollars.

I was inspired to purchase a 7Gal after looking at all of the great looking 7gallon tanks that members have here, and reading about how they were setup and maintained. My girlfriend and I have been having a blast with our 7Gal bowfront for over 2 months now! (we stare.) I have logged our tanks progress from the beginning on the website I made for our little reef tank. Over 100 pics in under 2 months!! :o This is my first saltwater tank and so far it is going better than I thought it could thanks to all the help/direction I have gotten reading online.

Out tank is setup as follows:

32watt CSL Smartlight retrofit

1 cpu fan for cooling purposes

whisper 10-15 HOB filter

rio50 powerhead

tronic 50watt heater

Let us know how your new project goes if you end up purchasing the mini bow, and good luck!

Gil

My 7 bow is still a FW planted tank, but FWIW, I've had it for almost two years, and it's a great tank. It's been moved from Oregon to New Mexico, and no problems with leaks, scratches, or anything else. Definitely my first choice for a <10 nano. I haven't seen them going for under fifty though.

Archived