Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Pterapogon kauderni - community or not?

Catspa

Just wondering if anyone out there has had any first hand experience with Pterapogon kauderni, particularily it's temperament towards other fish (other then other kauderni), cause i've been getting conflicting reports - some say its peacefull, and others say its not.  which is it?

I'm think about puting it in a tank that will be housing a clown, firefish, gramma, etc, and inverts and coral. - does anyone foresee any problems?

ps have any suggestions for a fith small fish? (other then blenny/gobby)

thanks

the Banggaii Cardinal is for a 30g.

I'm really just interested in knowing whether or not it generally exibits aggressive behavior towards other fish?  

I have read some info on it that has suggested that it is relatively peacefull, such as:

http://www.nano-reef.com/fish/cardinals.htm

I have read other stuff that suggests that it tends to be aggressive towards other fish, such as on nano-reef @:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Di...id=21&pCatId=82

So which is it aggressive or relatively peacefull????

Iv seen both cases. Fish are individuals, and some can be aggressive while others are wimps. I have a pair of bangaii cardinals that breed readily. They were in my 30 gallon with 2 sebae clowns. The female was a mean one, who would beat the snot outa the clowns on occasion. The male on the other hand was a wimp and would get beat on by the clowns. So needless to say i had to seperate the two pairs of fish. Although the situation wasnt helped by the fact that both pairs of fish are reproducing and had young to protect.  What size tank are you introducing all these fish into? More info on your set up would be helpful

yes, as i understand it the females can become very aggressive when its part of a breeding pair.

So i went and got one, seems quite passive so far.

Just curious, but does anyone elses cardinal have a redy horizontal streek across the bottom partion of there eye? I'm really worried that i may have hemoraged his eyes, do to a freshwater dip (was for 4 minutes)... :(.  I've done it with my clown many times before without problems, but the cardinals eye structure is much different...oh, i hope i didn't hurt him..

any info would be greatly appreciated.  :)

Archived