SaltCritters.com

Cyano live rock

Yves17

In one of my tanks I have a lot of cyano right now, I want to take out some rocks from there to put it in a new one, what should I do to kill the cyano in the rock? freshwater dip will work?

In one of my tanks I have a lot of cyano right now, I want to take out some rocks from there to put it in a new one, what should I do to kill the cyano in the rock? freshwater dip will work?

What are your params? How long has the tank been established? What have you been feeding and how much?

Could be high phosphates or nitrates. You using RODI water? Scrub it off with a brush. I myself am battling some cyano right now no matter what I do can't kick it. Time for chemi clean.

Like 6 months running, I have 2 clown fishes and I always make sure they eat what I feed. Params are normal right now, I reduce the light hours and add more flow to the infected area.

Like 6 months running, I have 2 clown fishes and I always make sure they eat what I feed. Params are normal right now, I reduce the light hours and add more flow to the infected area.

If you feel like dipping... peroxide dip will clean the rocks. I'm not sure it will solve the cyano problem though.

I think cyano is more dependant on organic waste rather than no3 or po4. Do you vacuum the sand?

Archived