inTank Media Baskets

Ace Epoxy Putty

jball1125

I used to use a product called aquamend that was from the hardware store and not specifically fish safe and it worked fine. Can't say for sure about this one but I would think its similar.

I used to use a product called aquamend that was from the hardware store and not specifically fish safe and it worked fine. Can't say for sure about this one but I would think its similar.

Thanks for the reply ajmckay. If no one on here has direct experience with this product I think I will just buy one that has been proven, $5 isnt worth a tank crash. Im sure I can find a different use for it around the house anyway.

Anyone ever use this one? Is it safe in our aquariums?

No but to be on the safe side I would use one that is sold for aquariums specifically e.g. the one by Two Little Fishes which I did use without any problems ...

Probably just fine, doesn't look like it contains steel fibers. They are all the same makeup just with different branded labels. I doubt two little fishes actually manufactures their aquastik, just put their cardboard behind it.

Aquamend was great when Home depot used to carry it. Since then i've tried the DD epoxy and the two little fishes.

Wasn't a fan of either of them, I came upon the BRS epoxy. That's the closest thing that comes to aquamend, works great.

Probably just fine, doesn't look like it contains steel fibers. They are all the same makeup just with different branded labels. I doubt two little fishes actually manufactures their aquastik, just put their cardboard behind it.

I actually just ordered some items from your site and one of the items was the epoxy putty you sell. Wouldnt want to take any chance, Ill either use it around the house or exchange it for some gel glue.

Thanks for the replies!

Archived