Innovative Marine Aquariums

bubble coral

freckles

Let's see those bubble corals!

I bought one last week -- it's a pearl bubble. Seems to be doing really well!

What do you feed yours? Do they take frozen krill?

Couldnt see the pic. Yahoo replied with an error message...

I feed mine frozen shrimp pieces. It loves those, its got about 4 large mouths, when I touch the shrimp on its side, it goes beserk and clings onto the shrimp pieces. Thats the only direct feeding it gets. I cut back on the feeding though as its growing quite fast. zzz

This is an old pic of my bubble coral. Its much bigger now.

Here is my bubble coral:

Very nice Sahin. :happy: Could we add frogspawns to the list of photos to share... I'd like to see how other peoples frogspawns are doing as well...

Here is one that I rescued from the LFS...it was almost totally dead. I've had it for about 1.5 years and feed it squid. The pic is kinda cruddy but hey, I'm not a photographer.

I have to agree, Gilmans frogspawn looks awesome. The stark contrasting colours just look beautiful. I bet the green tips fluoresce brilliantly under actinics only.

Freckles, I have found that small bits of shrimp fed per day will result (together with good light) in the fastest growth.

Nanoreefin, sure add your frogspawn, we'de like to see how its doing.

--I dont have a frogmspawn anymore, it was very pretty, but I got rid of it together with the Leather coral. Even under my NO lights, their growth rate was awesome, and I was afraid of the Frogspawn stinging other stuff. The leather just shadowed a big part of the tank.

Anyway, enough of me babbling, post your frogs and bubbles! :)

Sorry, some of these are big.:*(

I've had this coral a little over a year. It's now in the corner as in the top photo--8" across (would be bigger if it wasn't up against the glass somewhat). It's about tripled in size. I feed it any uncooked seafood I happen to have around in addition to whatever it collects on it own plus the usual reef food (krill, formula 1, shrimp, scallops, salmon, cod, silversides, you name it).

My camera is ancient and it doesn't pick up green well.

aug02-02%20bubble.jpg

As I've said, they take a lot of space. Take a look at that sweeper! It's a good 5" long!!

09sep01-04_bubble.jpg

My best picture (taken in macro through a magnifying lens)

07nov01-01_bubble.jpg

Ty

Archived