Top Shelf Aquatics

50 Gallon Kessil A350/Sol Blue LED Reef

Diver35

Tank looks amazing, but i'm wondering about the returns being so low. Does your tank drain way down when power is shut off or do you have check valves on them?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tank looks amazing, but i'm wondering about the returns being so low. Does your tank drain way down when power is shut off or do you have check valves on them?

Thanks, My tank only drains to the bottom of the overflow teeth, about 1 gallon of water. I have a check valve that stops the syphon from the returns. I also have 2 returns behind the rocks about 4" from the bottom. I clean my check valve bimonthly and replace it yearly. So far no problems with it failing. On my new tank that am designing, I am going to put 2 check valves. Just to be really safe.

• 2 weeks later...

Gorgeous tank! Your scoly photo a few posts back looked so real I felt like they were right there in front of me.

Was the decision to put the MP10s on the back an aesthetic one? How do they work out for you positioned like that?

• 3 weeks later...

So do you adjust the Kessils, or or they on 100% blue and white, then off the rest of the day (with the AI's providing morning and evening settings)?

Great tank btw!

Archived