Coral Vue Hydros

81deg too high?

papaj10789

81 is fine. I would only worry if it got to 86 and up.

You can cool it by having a small computer fan blowing on the water. That should get your temperature down by 2-3 degrees. But again, 81 is totally acceptable.

in some books, and articles ive actually read that corals can grow better in the tamp of 81-84 degrees F.

at the same time i still keep my tanks at the 76, and 80 degrees

at the same time i still keep my tanks at the 76-80 degrees

Set your heater higher so you don't have that much of a swing, that is if you have a swing or you are just referring to multipul tanks.

Thanks for the replies. although no longer necessary,I found an old computer fan and 9v socket. The computer fan has tiny blue LEDs on it. I think I might run it during lights on and two hours after lights off as a sort of moon light. It will definitely help the LEDs last longer even if the tank only drop a deg or two.

Set your heater higher so you don't have that much of a swing, that is if you have a swing or you are just referring to multipul tanks.

Yeah I typed that not thinking how it looked.

I have my reef tank at 79 with a fan sometimes goes t 80 cause my halide.

And my l"leaf fish layer" at 76 just with a basic 5k crappy t5 so that temp doesn't change at all like ever..

But yeah thanks for the lookout

Be careful though, the fan will cause your water to evaporate two times as fast. In a small tank like that, you'll be topping off twice a day. Looks like the next DIY is an auto topoff lol

Edit: I see you have a lid on top. That will help a lot with the evaporation. I would still keep a close eye on the water level though...

Be careful though, the fan will cause your water to evaporate two times as fast. In a small tank like that, you'll be topping off twice a day. Looks like the next DIY is an auto topoff lol

Edit: I see you have a lid on top. That will help a lot with the evaporation. I would still keep a close eye on the water level though...

I will watch it carefully. The glass top helps keep the water in and also the heat from the lighting out. I add about 6oz water every other day.

Archived