Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

yellow worm creatures

ElectroTT

hey all. i dont have a camera so i would try to describe these things the best i can. these yellow worm creatures started to appear out of no where these past few months. they may have come from some live rock that i purchased a few months back. these yellow worms have many many string like tentacles or feet. they are a golden yellow color with a hint of black. they vary in size and seem to reproduce. they are on my rocks,. glass, and soem floating around X) . anyone have a clue about these? should i and how would i get rid of them?

• 1 month later...
crazyfingersmike

I have found something similar on my glass as well. Very very small little worms about 1 mm long, yellow and white segmented body. Hundreds cover my glass during the daytime. I can't get a pic because they are too small. Are they parasitic?

Nemo_4_Ever

I have these worm things aswell! They're like centipede looking things, hairy looking, they're like a black with a little bit of yellow, there is one HUGE MASSIVE one its like a serpent starfish looking thing, tentacles everywhere, and yet there are little ones that look like well worms! No tentacles of nothing! ITS WEIRD! They seem to be nocturnal and are always about looking for food! HELP ! I just got my tank 2 days ago! I really dont think its a star fish, LOOK FOR MY THREAD, ILL HAVE SOME PICS!

Nemo_4_Ever

THIS IS THE PIC FOR THE WORM THING, PLEASE HELP ID!! I CANT FIGURE IT OUT! I DONT KNOW WHAT THEY EAT SO I THINK THEY'RE EATING EACH OTHER, IM SURE ITS NOT A STAR FISH, IT IS NOCTURNAL IM SURE, ITS SEARCHING AROUND FOR FOOD EVERYWHERE!! HELLPP HELLPP!!!

worm.bmp

:o

Archived