inTank Media Baskets

Frogspawn in Biocube 29g with stock lighting?

Haelstrom

Most softies do well in low light. This is because they often grow in the lower slower-flow areas of the reef, where less light penetrates. Conversely, many SPS only do well in high light and high flow because they typically grow closer to the water's surface.

PCs actually produce a lot of light for their size, but have a short life span. They lose lumens too gradually to notice, but after about six months, put it next to a new one and you'll see the difference. You might be happier with LEDs in the long run, but it can wait.

jm.02.gif

Most softies do well in low light. This is because they often grow in the lower slower-flow areas of the reef, where less light penetrates. Conversely, many SPS only do well in high light and high flow because they typically grow closer to the water's surface.

PCs actually produce a lot of light for their size, but have a short life span. They lose lumens too gradually to notice, but after about six months, put it next to a new one and you'll see the difference. You might be happier with LEDs in the long run, but it can wait.

jm.02.gif

No doubt I would be happier with the LED's. But the cost will have me waiting a while. The layout I was looking to do will set me back about $350. Not too bad but still hurts.

Archived