Innovative Marine Aquariums

Petco $1 a gallon sale repeat again!

kmaintl

Our local Petcos in Bay Area had a $1/gal sale in September, right around the release of the nemo movie through end of month. Well, walked into Petco on 10/2/2012 and the sale was over. Walked into Petco yesterday and the sale is on again. Not sure for how long and if it cross nation, but all San Francisco Petco is having the sale on the 20g+ tanks.

Thanks for the heads up. I want a 40B tank for my next reef setup.

Thanks for the heads up. I want a 40B tank for my next reef setup.

I was thinking of 30g breeder, split into 3 compartments for clownfish holding pairs. :lol:

I was thinking of 30g breeder, split into 3 compartments for clownfish holding pairs. :lol:

My problem (if you want to call it a problem) is that I already have a 55 gallon tank collecting dust outside... and nowhere to put the 40B. I just want it so that I can upgrade in the future for a good deal.

My problem (if you want to call it a problem) is that I already have a 55 gallon tank collecting dust outside... and nowhere to put the 40B. I just want it so that I can upgrade in the future for a good deal.

You are better with a 40g breeder for reef as it has nice floor space. 55g IMO is better for a FOWLR tank as it has a great front display area to watch swimming fishes. 30g breeder is identical size to 40g breeder, except shorter. So, if you don't need height, 30g breeder is a nice size tank. For holding clownfishes or clownfish pairs, 30g breeder works better for my plans than 40g breeder. I have a 40g breeder right now.

uglybuckling
You are better with a 40g breeder for reef as it has nice floor space. 55g IMO is better for a FOWLR tank as it has a great front display area to watch swimming fishes. 30g breeder is identical size to 40g breeder, except shorter. So, if you don't need height, 30g breeder is a nice size tank. For holding clownfishes or clownfish pairs, 30g breeder works better for my plans than 40g breeder. I have a 40g breeder right now.

30 breeders are also irritatingly hard to find.

I have been to every petco within about 50 miles of my house and they all have the same tanks:

2.5, 5.5, 10, 20H, 20L, 29, (sometimes a 38), 40B, 55.

Even some of the local shops, upon calling up to ask about 30 and 50 breeders, told me their suppliers have stopped carrying them or that the tanks are no longer made (they ARE, they're just really hard to source).

30 breeders are also irritatingly hard to find.

I have been to every petco within about 50 miles of my house and they all have the same tanks:

2.5, 5.5, 10, 20H, 20L, 29, (sometimes a 38), 40B, 55.

Even some of the local shops, upon calling up to ask about 30 and 50 breeders, told me their suppliers have stopped carrying them or that the tanks are no longer made (they ARE, they're just really hard to source).

sorry to hear that, come to san francisco.

I have never seen a 30 Breeder. I like the shallow reefs that I see. 40B is about the perfect size for what I am looking for. I just need a place to store it since I live at home still and my parents don't understand the "fascination" with a fish tank

Good to know.

I'll have to pass by one of the Petco's and possibly pickup another 40 Breeder or a small tank for my son.

Archived