SaltCritters.com

Should I switch out media socks when my RBTA dies?

chabooky386

What's going on with your tank? A death doesn't necessarily mean you need to switch out all of your filter media. I'd probably change out the carbon (because it's pretty cheap to do so). I'm not sure why you are running all three; you shouldn't need ChemiPure if you are already running GFO and carbon. :unsure:

It got MP10'd if I remember the correct post a few days ago. I would agree though otherwise with the carbon,gfo,chem... Carbon + GFO = chemipure elite. Carbon = chemipure.

I would just keep an eye on the tank. You should probably be good at this point as long as the rest of the inhabitants look OK. The only reasonably remedy for any major death is carbon and water changes.

Yeah the first time it got sucked up into my MP10, 60% still survived. And, the other day it went suicide bomber on me and really got beaten up. Yeah, I know its overkill but, my friend had an extra one laying around so I decided to give it a shot in my tank. I hear a lot of people talking about chemi pure and how it works well.

It got MP10'd if I remember the correct post a few days ago. I would agree though otherwise with the carbon,gfo,chem... Carbon + GFO = chemipure elite. Carbon = chemipure.

I would just keep an eye on the tank. You should probably be good at this point as long as the rest of the inhabitants look OK. The only reasonably remedy for any major death is carbon and water changes.

jedimasterben

Anemones don't release any toxins or anything when they die, you don't need to replace anything. Just remove the leftover mass of tissue and you're done.

Archived