Top Shelf Aquatics

Light Fixture Problem

sead21c

This post if for a fellow reefer who doesn't have access to the internet right now so therefore cannot post. He bought a CSL 24" Fixture with moonlights in it. Now the seller claims the light was new. When we opened the package it sure did look new. Everything that originally came with the fixture was there. The light worked fine the first day. Photoperiod was setup using timers and we noticed the next day that the actinic bulb would not turn on. We tried everything we could think of...even replace with another 03 csl actinic and nothing. It would not turn on. Any suggestions on what is the problem?

Cellenzweig

I dunno, but one of my bulbs wouldn't turn on one day. I replaced the bulb with no results. After unplugging and plugging it back in, it worked. I never did figure out the problem.

Cellenzweig

It could be. I believe there is a warranty, but I have heard conflicting stories as to whether the company even exists anymore. From what I understand, CSL is no longer, but there is a store that still sells leftover models and provided warranty service. Anyone else know anything about this?

I would contact the seller and see if you (well, your friend) can at least get a reciept. I think that would be the first step in getting warranty service.

i would take apart the fixture to make sure that all the wiring is connected. my brother bought a 30in coralife 2x65 fixture and the lights wouldnt turn on....after taking it apart and making sure all the connections were right he plugged it back on and it turned right on.

Hey, im the one Sead21c was talking about. We did open the fixture and everything looked in tact. The heads for the switch were bare but did not appear to have suffered a short circuit. I have contacted the original owner (which by the way, has moved to kansas, which is why he sold me the light.) He hasnt contacted me back since. So im left in the cold. I would like to find a replacement ballast (hopefully this would solve everything.) I am currently running a 50/50 light strip to make up for the 03, but i want to get the csl back up and running. Any suggestions where i can purchase a replacement ballast? does it need to be OEM or can any square pin 96-w compatible ballast work? Thanks in advance

Unplug it ,open it up and check the connections. If the bulb is on its own switch ,check that as well. CSL is out of buisness and Champion does warranty the units they sell but I don't think they would warranty one not purchased from them.

I did open it up but no luck. I will try buying replacement ballast on hellolights. Can anyone confirm is this will work on my fixture before i buy it?

My Light Fixture: http://www.innovativelights.com/fixtures/F...ixtures_40.html

Concidered Ballast:

http://www.innovativelights.com/ballasts/b...ballasts_2.html

or

ballast 2:

http://store.yahoo.com/lamps-now/1lam96wattwi.html

If all else fails i might concider converting it to MH...but funding is going to be a bummer.

digitallinx

buy yourself a workhorse 7 to run both bulbs. most likely he sold you a dud, which he new about(it doesn't suddenly happen)....i had a via aqua ballast that has burned out on me and replaced with a workhorse ballast.....

good luck...

Cellenzweig

The 55w ballasts are common, but I think the 65w are a bit harder to find. You may want to consider the advice above and buy something like a WH7.

sweet. thanks for the advice. It isvery hard to look for a 65w ballast.... :unsure:

i will look for it on ebay and i will try to post a follow up on my tank and lights.

Archived