Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Hwhoops... glue on SPS

CJBuckeyes

I just got home with a cool new monti and pulled the coral glue out of the fridge. You know when you squeeze the ketchup that's been sitting around for a while and you get a spray of nasty liquid.. well that's what happened with my glue. I was being careful just to put a drop on the base and not get any polyps, when the glue blasted. Not really much I can do at this point. Think it'll survive?

post-22015-1349403418_thumb.jpg

post-22015-1349403613_thumb.jpg

TheKleinReef
I just got home with a cool new monti and pulled the coral glue out of the fridge. You know when you squeeze the ketchup that's been sitting around for a while and you get a spray of nasty liquid.. well that's what happened with my glue. I was being careful just to put a drop on the base and not get any polyps, when the glue blasted. Not really much I can do at this point. Think it'll survive?

It happened to me and the coral kinda grew around and over it. i think it'll be okay.

That portion of the coral will no longer grow properly, but if everything else is ok with it that shouldn't matter much. The glue isn't going to hurt the coral, it's just going to inhibit growth in that area.

As someone else said, it will probably just grow around that part eventually.

Archived