LED Layout for FLuval Edge 12g

Gahau

Led Layout  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which One?

• Layout 1
    • Layout 2

Hey guys!

I got all the LED (LEDGroupBuy) and the heat sink, inspired from MFChop's CLEAN Mod with a P2 heat sink.

I started playing with the LEDs layout, because of the weird heat sink shape I am limited in how I can position the LEDs... Does it really matter?

Please help me out and vote =)

Layout 1: 3UPS on the outer edge, Violet on each side of the OCW.

led1kp.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Layout 2: Swap the Violet with the 3UPS.

led2h.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

THANKS

mattidallama

If you had a 6 gallon fluvial I would advise you against the first option because most of the light from them will be blocked by the rim of the fluvial and those LEDs won't have enough space to fully light bottom of tank. I would advise the second option because even either the extra height of tank you are still probably going to lose some of the light from the LEDs on the outside do to that lip. The set up I used to have had my LEDs all clustered in the center of the heatsink and I had no problem with light issues. I changed over to another heatsink and now I'm tank does not have good light around the edges. But it should be less evident or non existent with the tank being a 12 gallon fluvial instead of the 6. Also not sure if you have planned on it but if your keeping the tank looking stock you might want to put a splash guard so that the led stars don't get corroded from the salt spray.

Good luck with build and have fun I love my fluval

Thanks guys!

I'll buy the wires today and start the soldering process!

Still waiting on the drivers and the 10V adapter :(

I'll make another post later on this week about the whole setup, I have documented the whole process!

uglybuckling

I think that cooling will be marginally more efficient with the 3ups closer to the business part of the fan (setup 2). For color mix, as everyone has stated, it will make no difference at all.

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
I think that cooling will be marginally more efficient with the 3ups closer to the business part of the fan (setup 2). For color mix, as everyone has stated, it will make no difference at all.

good point.

I like 2 for the cooling and for the space the UVs on the end of alof of space for you to mount them. IDK if that matters but i think it looks easier and more stable IMO.

Archived