Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

new tank- comments please.

nanoboi

21 gal via aqua.

1. any suggestions of what can be added to bring some color out?

2. future mods:

cpr skimmer

3. i might make a fuge below the tank. any links out there that can show me how to do some piping? pump suggestions too. it will only be a 3 gallon fuge or so. stand is 30 inches high plus about 23 inches to the top of than tank.

http://www.nano-reef.com/gallery/showphoto....php?photo=1616

thanks.

Cellenzweig

Looking good!

Here's my suggestions....

1) If you want to add some color, just find the right softies - aybe some metallic GSP, BRIGHT zoos, red, blue and green mushrooms, some riccordia if you have enough light. On top of that, when the coralline eventually grows in, there will be lots of color.

2) I have heard over and over again that the Remora is the only good skimmer for a nano - you may want to look into this before buying a CPR.

3) If you want to do this, you either have to drill the tank or get an overflow. I'm not sure if ViaAquas can be drilled or if they are tempered. As for a return pump, I would suggest a Mag5 or similar. After head loss, it should exchange the water 10-15x per hour.

Colin

i think i would have to get piping that would go over the top. im not going to drill or attempt to drill my tank. if anyone has any detailed pictures of their fuge that is about the same requirements that i need, please post. think it will be hard to make piping that long, and have a pump that can make water flow that far efficently?

thanks everyone

j

Cellenzweig

The length of piping isn't really an issue. It will create head loss for the pump, but that's ok. What you need is an external overflow box. Look into one of those before making any decisions. A straight siphon hose won't work, as there is nothing to regulate the water level.

Cellenzweig

The overflow box hangs over the edge of your tank. There is a small box inside the tank and one outside. The water flows over into the inside box where it is siphoned into the outside. Here, it runs through a piece of pipe to the sump.

Archived