Cultivated Reef

spirit halloween led spot lights

lizardfish

went to spirit to get a fog controller to make a 16$ wave maker and i saw these led spot lights they look sexy in person muck like a kessle led. under the hood ia a 3up star with what looks like bridglux leds RB 1-3 watts cant tell. 30" optics driver built in. this is perfect for reef tanks lit with enough light for softy's that want one or two sps that can be spot lighted .

they have a "black light" one but it looks like a red/blue mixed led which is grate for us who want to add red but dont want strait up red leds that dont mix well.

or get 2 and swap one blue for a white in each then you have a sexy nano reef light

jedimasterben
went to spirit to get a fog controller to make a 16$ wave maker and i saw these led spot lights they look sexy in person muck like a kessle led. under the hood ia a 3up star with what looks like bridglux leds RB 1-3 watts cant tell. 30" optics driver built in. this is perfect for reef tanks lit with enough light for softy's that want one or two sps that can be spot lighted .

they have a "black light" one but it looks like a red/blue mixed led which is grate for us who want to add red but dont want strait up red leds that dont mix well.

or get 2 and swap one blue for a white in each then you have a sexy nano reef light

Uh, no, it doesn't really work that way. They are most likely not Bridgelux chips, not royal blue, and they would not be more than 1w apiece, they are polar opposite from anything like the Kessil. I'd imagine the PAR they put out is dismal at best, especially at any respectable hanging height, and you'll get an extreme spotlight effect with 30 degree optics. They are basically similar to GU10 bulbs, which need to be present in large numbers to make an impact.

If the heatsink is good enough, could make a very pretty light using 3-ups out of that sucka. Probably good enough to light a 5-8Gal nano. Need new drivers though.

• 2 months later...

Opened them up they run at 350ma it's a 3 up star I replaced one of the bridglux chips with a cool white. At 8 inches it burns softies and the heatsink works like a charm. I have 2 hanging over a pico and they look sexy

Archived