inTank Media Baskets

Fish for a 20 Gallon ???

xalex1

I curantley have a small percula and a Pj cardinal in a 5.5 gallon today i will be upgrading to 20h gallon , Any suggestion an recomendation on what other fishys i can put in there ?? The clown and the cardinal are buddys their cool with each other No problems there !

Could i put a sea horse in there ???

thnk a lot in advance ! :)

the horse and clown are risky. the cardinal and horse are usually ok. your tank size is perfect for a horse though.

gobies are a good colorful choice for a third fish.

Thank tiny reef !!, Ill investigate a little more about the horse, But why is it risky to have the clown and the horse together ??

O and another thing do you know how much will a horse live in a aquarium ??

well thank s alot for your help !! :)

I think clowns pick on horses. Horses are supposed to be really delicate and hard to take of, i'd skip it, but the others sound good. In my new twenty i'm gonna have 2 clowns...and for the third fish im not sure yet, some kind of goby probably

The reason to NOT put any seahorses in this tank: seahorses are sloooooow eaters. The other fish will eat all the food before the seahorses can get any.

also: sea horses like less current and less light then normal reefs have. they will also only eat live foods

ditto on the other posts. i was actually thinking you'd dump the clown in favor of the horse, esp. if you're going to have multiple horses. or cross off the horse as it seem like an optional thing.

if you're going for a ranch then bag the cardinal too and rethink filtration and feeding options for the horses (see below). the cardinal may leave the horses alone but why risk it? the clown will kill the horses by starving them. the horses can't compete with anything, even pipefish will kick its @ss.

having a ranch tank is a totally different animal than a nano. you're talking planning out water currents (flow rate and direction), aquasculpting, ecosystem setup for zooplankton, possible feeder tank, and exceptional tank height for swimming and reproduction.

Archived