Innovative Marine Aquariums

BioCube 29 Lighting

cment

Hello all-

quick question, im sure this has been asked before but i couldnt find a short answer so here it is...i just purchased a used biocube 29 from a friend which was up and running for a lil over a year but has not run for the past 6months or so and will be transferring most of what's in my bc14 to it. I will be purchasing all new equipment for it eg: pump, heater ect. as well as new lights. I just want to keep it simple, no mods at all....i went on InTanks website to purchase new lights for it and decided on the 12k (36W PC-R). My question is would it be better to purchase 2 50/50 bulbs or purchase 1 12k white and 1 blue actinic? does it really make a noticable difference?

Thank you....

Purplemonkey
Hello all-

quick question, im sure this has been asked before but i couldnt find a short answer so here it is...i just purchased a used biocube 29 from a friend which was up and running for a lil over a year but has not run for the past 6months or so and will be transferring most of what's in my bc14 to it. I will be purchasing all new equipment for it eg: pump, heater ect. as well as new lights. I just want to keep it simple, no mods at all....i went on InTanks website to purchase new lights for it and decided on the 12k (36W PC-R). My question is would it be better to purchase 2 50/50 bulbs or purchase 1 12k white and 1 blue actinic? does it really make a noticable difference?

Thank you....

I'm running 1 50/50 and 1 actinic bulb. Gives a 16kish look. Corals are happy (zoas, frogspawn, acans, and even some birdsnest)

delorean1981
thank you for replying...

I have a coralife 50/50 right now, my corals seem to be doing well. I may save up though for an LED system sometime over the next year or so :)

I'd go LED for sure. Whether china LEDs or others, you can't beat the pop and coral growth for the price anymore.

If you're sticking with bulbs, purplemonkey has the right idea.

I would say if you can make the investment switch to LED's you will be happier in the long run plus you can keep more variety of corals if you wanted to

LEDs! I would def go led as long as you use neutral whites instead of cool whites, and some other colors mixed in wound be best. I would recomend at least a couple actinics and reds.

Archived