Coral Vue Hydros

Flow questions

element9540

I have an Aqueon Evolve 8 with 10 lbs of live rock. The scape is set up so the rock is against the back wall. For flow I replaced the stock pump with a MJ900 and I also have a koralia 240 PH in the other corner. My concern is that I don't think I am getting good flow behind the rock and I can see debris collecting in some spots in the back of the rocks and such. Should I redo my scape? I like it the way it is but don't want it to cause problems when I start adding coral. Do I have too much live rock? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks guys.

You do want to have decent flow around everything so that you don't get built up debris, but also so that you can get in there and clean if/when need arises.

Debris that builds up will start to decay which can lead to water parameter issues and we all know where that can go. Especially with such a little tank to start with.

I was warned to keep LR far enough away from the sides to get a cleaning sponge in there and good flow.

That being said, I have seen people who have their LR glued to the back of the tank but that is a totally different animal altogether.

You might want to do some scape adjustments. Or you could try adjusting the placement of your PH or add a second one so that those dead spots are eliminated.

You do want to have decent flow around everything so that you don't get built up debris, but also so that you can get in there and clean if/when need arises.

Debris that builds up will start to decay which can lead to water parameter issues and we all know where that can go. Especially with such a little tank to start with.

I was warned to keep LR far enough away from the sides to get a cleaning sponge in there and good flow.

That being said, I have seen people who have their LR glued to the back of the tank but that is a totally different animal altogether.

You might want to do some scape adjustments. Or you could try adjusting the placement of your PH or add a second one so that those dead spots are eliminated.

Thanks for the reply. Ya I was worried about the decay. Looks like I'm gona have to redo my scape then.

Archived