Innovative Marine Aquariums

Suggestions for skimmer?

sharkfin

Hey all,

I am looking for suggestions for a smaller rather affordable protein skimmer for a DIY sump I am constructing in college. the total system volume is just under 30 gallons. Any suggestions?? Thanks!

If you have a local reef/aquarium club it might be a good place as well. I see used but good brand skimmers from local reefers all the time. Not sure what you're budget is but you should be able to find a good used skimmer in the $80 - $100 range.

thadscottmoore

check the classifieds- occasional Tunze Nano 9002 Protein Skimmers on there for $80-$115 from time to time. awesome little skimmer that packs a big punch!

check the classifieds- occasional Tunze Nano 9002 Protein Skimmers on there for $80-$115 from time to time. awesome little skimmer that packs a big punch!

I'm due to sell my hob removal, probably post it here tomorrow.

I've got an Etss Reef Devil skimmer for sale right now. What size is your sump going to be? I had planned on using this on a 40b and my sump is a 20L

this

or

this little better

Make sure to carefully read the descriptions. Almost all of the cheap bubble magus skimmers on ebay have 220V 50Hz pumps which are definitely not compatible with US outlets. Buying a pump separately would push the cost up another $50 - $75.

Archived