Top Shelf Aquatics

Beware of free shipping from pet mountain

Mitch619

Just wanted to let you guys know that pet mountain is using fedex smartpost for their free shipping when you buy $75 or more.

It has already been a week, and I just got a tracking update that says I won't get it till Tuesday next week Oct. 2

Go and read reviews on smartpost and you'll see it is a horrible shipping service that often loses packages or takes many weeks to deliver them. By the time they are delivered, they are also often in bad condition.

Don't ever agree to shipping from smart post. Even if its free. I've had stuff shipped from china faster than this.

That sucks. I HATE Smartpost. Such a load of ####. Seriously. It dumbs down to paying FedEx to take a package to the post office for you...

Smartpost is a genius way to make and save money at the same time for FedEx. You get what you pay for with that service. They wait until a truck is full before they move it. Why move a truck that is 60% full when you can move it at 100%? When you buy the service you aren't getting any sort of time frame for delivery. Thats why it is so cheap.

Smartpost is a genius way to make and save money at the same time for FedEx. You get what you pay for with that service. They wait until a truck is full before they move it. Why move a truck that is 60% full when you can move it at 100%? When you buy the service you aren't getting any sort of time frame for delivery. Thats why it is so cheap.

Yup, I'm just concerned because all of the other free shipping I've encountered was 4-6 days, not 2 weeks. They should tell you. I would have paid extra if I knew this was the case lol

Yup, I'm just concerned because all of the other free shipping I've encountered was 4-6 days, not 2 weeks. They should tell you. I would have paid extra if I knew this was the case lol

Oh I know the feeling. Nothing angers me more than when UPS Ground says 6-9 days because it ALWAYS takes 9 business days. They like to let stuff sit in one area for 3 or 4 days before it starts its journey. I'm currently waiting on my Neptune WXM. It sat in one facility for 2 days before it got moved. Very frustrating. But I understand they gotta make money.

I know the frustration, luckily I live in Orlando now so it seems the trucks fill fast here *knock on wood* however I am very impatient. I'll order whatever I can on Amazon thanks to prime, and if there's a faster shipping option I'll pay the few bucks. Although I haven't had any horror stories with smart post and a few years back 2 weeks was the usual delivery time of things from the internet :/

But I do think you deserve some good shipping karma Mitch, your package came fast to me! :D

Oh I know the feeling. Nothing angers me more than when UPS Ground says 6-9 days because it ALWAYS takes 9 business days. They like to let stuff sit in one area for 3 or 4 days before it starts its journey. I'm currently waiting on my Neptune WXM. It sat in one facility for 2 days before it got moved. Very frustrating. But I understand they gotta make money.

Ups ground does not work like that.

Archived